Purpose: Understand the total impact of active Marketing Channels (based on UTMs)
What to look at: Total Attributed Conversions by channel, your marketing mix visual
What to do next: In addition to looking at each channel’s reported attributed conversions, looking at the volume of de-duplicated, cross-channel conversions helps quantify the ratios of channel impact to then be used to adjust credit accordingly. Compare Channel reported conversions vs. Cross-Channel reported conversions to establish an overlap baseline that can be used to modify the attributed credit for each active channel.
- Aggregate channel reported attributed conversions
- Calculate individual channel % of total reported
- Look at Cross-Channel Attributed conversions per channel
- View individual channel % of total attributed
- Compare % from 1 and 4, adjust channel reported attributed credit with an Overlap Modifier
Overlap Modifier: Cross-Channel Reported % - Channel Reported %
Why we like it: Helps approximate the impact of duplicated conversion reporting and reward channels that earn a share of voice with a true cross-channel model. Not a perfect attribution solution, but a step in the right direction.
Impact on Performance and/or Spend: Modified credit per channel to infuse a cross-channel model into channel-reported conversions without losing the impact and value of channel view-through conversions.
Marketing Mix: 7-9 marketing channels, 4 reporting with view-through attribution credit.