Advertising products or services related to gambling are restricted on AdRoll due to variations in legal requirements and publisher suitability.
Businesses that are licensed by the appropriate local gambling authority of one or more of the countries listed below may be eligible to participate in our Gambling Advertising Beta Program. Contact AdRoll Sales for more information.
- Canada (specific province licenses required)
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States (specific state licenses required)
Otherwise, the promotion of gambling and gambling-related products or services is prohibited, regardless of any gambling licenses held. Please see specific examples below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
Ad Creative Violations
Gambling Content: Ad Creative
Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of gambling content that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
Landing Page Violations
Gambling Content: Landing Page
Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of gambling content that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the AdRoll Customer Support team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Suspended Advertiser Profile - Gambling
If you received a suspension email related to Gambling, it means that we have identified products or services on your website that cannot be advertised. Please review the policies listed below for more information. To speak with a member of our team, reach out to your account manager or contact AdRoll Customer Support.
Websites in which the primary offering is associated with gambling are not eligible to run on AdRoll unless the website has been approved for AdRoll’s Gambling Advertising Beta Program.
If you are licensed in one or more of the eligible countries listed above, please reach out to our sales team for more information about our Gambling Advertising Beta Program
Online, real money gambling or gaming
Free or paid casino games
Games of chance or skill that involve monetary wagers or rewards
Gambling-related promotional products, e.g., vouchers or gambling credit
Gambling software or programs
Gambling-related strategy, advice, or information
Any internet-based game in which real money or prizes are exchanged or wagered depending on the result of a game
Paid gaming sites
Paid fantasy sports
Unlicensed or illegal gaming
Scratch card purchases
Gambling or games with virtual currencies
Aggregator or affiliate gambling-related websites
Penny auctions or related websites that require a non-refundable fee in order to place a bid on any item or servic
Brick-and-mortar casinos (gambling establishments)
Physical establishments promoting gambling
Advertising irresponsible gambling behavior
Promoting gambling activity to minors
Financial spread betting
Offline gambling accessories
Online simulated social casino games whereby the user can win monetary prizes or rewards, including virtual currencies