Content on all websites advertising via AdRoll should be family safe and age-appropriate. Websites centered around adult products or services are not eligible to run via AdRoll given the sensitive nature of such content. Additionally, ads and landing pages cannot contain nudity, adult products, or content that may be deemed sexually explicit or only suitable for adult audiences.
Examples of content that may be prohibited or restricted in relation to adult content and services are outlined below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
Ad Creative Violations
Adult Products or Services: Ad Creative
Adult Content - Nudity: Ad Creative
Ad Creative: Dynamic Ad Restriction
Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of adult content and services that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Dynamic ads are not permitted for websites that contain adult content or services. Please upload static banners that depict compliant content.
- Make sure that your new static banner ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
Landing Page Violations
Adult Products or Services: Landing Page
Adult Content - Nudity: Landing Page
Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of adult content and services that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the AdRoll Customer Support team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Suspended Advertiser Profile - Adult Content
If you received a suspension email related to Adult Content, it means that we have identified products or services on your website that cannot be advertised. Please review the policies listed below for more information. To speak with a member of our team, reach out to your account manager or contact AdRoll Customer Support.
Adult Products or Services
Sexual enhancement products
Sexually Explicit or Suggestive Content
Content promoting any type of sexual act
Content promoting any type of illegal sexual theme, concept, or act
Sexually explicit dating websites
Dating websites promoting flings or casual "hook-ups"
Dating websites promoting infidelity, affairs, or cheating
Adult-themed parties or cruises
Mail-order bride services
Explicit or implicit references to adult activities
Sex-related entertainment websites
Images containing poses that would be deemed sexually suggestive or explicit
Images focused on individual body parts, such as abs, buttocks, or chest, even if not explicitly sexual in nature.
⚠️ Websites that use partial nudity product images (e.g., underwear, swimwear)
⚠️ Cosmetic surgery focused on breast or genitalia reconstruction or augmentation
⚠️ Breastfeeding images
Websites that use full nudity images
Images focused on or showing genitals, buttocks, or breasts
Cartoons, art, or graphics that depict genitals, buttocks, or breasts
Lingerie and Swimwear
Websites promoting lingerie or swimwear can be advertised provided that the products featured in the ads and landing pages do not contain nudity or partial nudity. In order to have your ads approved, please ensure that any areas that would be covered by an opaque two-piece swimsuit are not exposed.
Lingerie websites provided there is no nudity
Swimwear websites provided there are no full nudity images
⚠️ Websites that use partial nudity product images.
Ads or landing pages that contain images of buttocks
Ads, landing pages, or websites that use full nudity images
Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain images of nipples
Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain visible genitalia
Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain sexually suggestive content
Ads, landing pages, or websites that emphasize body parts in a sexual nature
Ads, landing pages, or websites that contain models posing provocatively