AdRoll strives to promote a positive advertising experience for both our customers and the audiences that see our customers’ ads. As such, AdRoll will not approve websites that promote weapons or any products, services, activities, or content that may be deemed illegal, dangerous, or which may cause serious harm or injury.
Examples of content that may be prohibited or restricted in relation to weapons or dangerous products and services are outlined below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
Ad Creative Violations
Weapons: Ad Creative
Ad Creative: Dynamic Ad Restriction
- Read the policies listed below to learn more about the types of weapons and other dangerous content that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Dynamic ads are not permitted for websites that contain weapons and dangerous content. Please upload static banners that depict compliant content.
- Make sure that your new static banner ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
Landing Page Violations
Weapons: Landing Page
- Read the policies listed below to learn more about the types of weapons and other dangerous content that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the AdRoll Customer Support team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Suspended Advertiser Profile - Dangerous Products & Services
If you received a suspension email related to Dangerous Products and Services, it means that we have identified products or services on your website that cannot be advertised. Please review the policies listed below for more information. To speak with a member of our team, reach out to your account manager or contact AdRoll Customer Support.
Ads that promote the sale or use of explosives
Any product which may cause damage to people or property
Products that provide instructions on how to make bombs or explosives
Blogs or forums dedicated to making explosives
Any device that discharges a projectile at high velocity with the potential to cause injury
Antique guns which are still functioning
Any type of firearms
Combat devices that have the potential to cause serious injury
Gun or weapon-related books, magazines, or websites
Firearm training or Concealed Carry Permit services
Ads that depict images of guns
Websites promoting weapon accessories that do not feature any images of weapons may be approved on a case-by-case basis.
⚠️ Ammunition belts
⚠️ Ammunition clips
⚠️ Gun holsters
⚠️ Gun safes
⚠️ Gun locks
⚠️ Gun scopes
Knives that are not intended for tactical or combat purposes may be eligible to run ads via AdRoll.
The below products are not eligible to run:
Fighting or combat knives
Switchblades (flick knives)
Any type of disguised knife, e.g., a blade or sharp point hidden inside what appears to be an everyday object such as a phone, brush, or lipstick
Ads that depict images of knives that are used for tactical or combat purposes
Any other products that may cause injury or harm to an individual are not eligible to run. This includes self-defense, combat, or sport products.
Hand or foot-claws