Advertising products or services related to Alcohol are restricted on AdRoll due to variations in legal requirements and publisher suitability.
If your business is based in the United States, the United Kingdom, or Australia, you may be able to participate in our Alcohol Advertising Beta Program. Contact AdRoll Sales for more information.
Otherwise, promoting the sale of alcohol or any products, services, or activities related to alcohol consumption is prohibited. Please see specific examples below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
Ad Creative Violations
Alcohol Content: Ad Creative
Ad Creative: Dynamic Ad Restriction
Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of alcohol content that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Dynamic ads are not permitted for websites that contain alcohol products or services. Please upload static banners that depict compliant content.
- Make sure that your new static banner ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
Landing Page Violations
Alcohol Content: Landing Page
Age Restricted Images
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of alcohol content that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the AdRoll Customer Support team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Websites in which the primary offering is associated with alcohol sales or alcohol consumption are not eligible to run on AdRoll unless the website has been approved for AdRoll’s Alcohol Advertising Beta Program.
Ads, landing pages, or websites aimed toward minors or individuals below the legal drinking age
Ads, landing pages, or websites that are predominantly alcohol-related
Ads or landing pages promoting alcohol menus, specials, or discounts
Ads or landing pages promoting beer, wine, or cocktail-making kits
Ads that depict alcoholic beverages or alcohol consumption
Ads promoting alcohol branding
Dynamic ads for websites that contain alcohol for sale
⚠️ Delivery services that offer alcohol ordering on the website, provided that ads and landing pages do not include alcohol products
⚠️ Restaurants that sell alcohol, provided there is no alcohol for sale on the website and alcohol promotion is not featured in ads or landing pages
⚠️ Venues, events, or entertainment spaces that sell alcohol, provided there is no alcohol for sale on the website and alcohol promotion is not featured in ads or landing pages
⚠️ Wine and beer educational classes, provided there is no alcohol for sale on the website
⚠️ Information websites about vineyards & breweries, provided there is no alcohol for sale on the website
Wine, beer, and liquor glassware or accessories