Websites in which the main business offering is the sale of tobacco, including electronic cigarettes and vaping devices, are not eligible to run via AdRoll. Additionally, ads and landing pages cannot promote the use of tobacco or tobacco-related products.
Examples of tobacco content that may be prohibited are outlined below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
Ad Creative Violations
Tobacco Content: Ad Creative
Ad Creative: Dynamic Ad Restriction
- Read the policies listed below to learn more about the types of tobacco content that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Dynamic ads are not permitted for websites that contain tobacco content. Please upload static banners that depict compliant content.
- Make sure that your new static banner ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
Landing Page Violations
Tobacco Content: Landing Page
- Read the policies listed below to learn more about the types of tobacco content that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the AdRoll Customer Support team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Suspended Advertiser Profile - Tobacco Content
If you received a suspension email related to Tobacco Content, it means that we have identified products or services on your website that cannot be advertised. Please review the policies listed below for more information. To speak with a member of our team, reach out to your account manager or contact AdRoll Customer Support.
Tobacco-Related Products or Services
⚠️ Smoking rehabilitation programs or facilities