Content on all websites advertising via AdRoll must be appropriate, respectful to others, non-offensive, and safe for our customers and the audiences that see our customers’ ads. Ads and landing pages that promote violent, shocking, or discriminatory content are not eligible to run.
Examples of inappropriate content that may be prohibited are outlined below.
How to Fix Disapproved Ads
If you received an email with any of the following advertising policy violations, please follow the recommended solutions listed below.
Ad Creative Violations
Inappropriate Content: Ad Creative
Violence and Shocking Content: Ad Creative
- Read the policies listed below to learn more about the types of inappropriate content and services that we do not allow on ad creatives.
- Upload new ad creatives that contain compliant content.
- Make sure that your new ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
- Dynamic ads are not permitted for websites that contain inappropriate content or services. Please upload static banners that depict compliant content.
- Make sure that your new static banner ads are added to the campaign(s) that you want to launch. This will automatically trigger the new ads into In Review.
Landing Page Violations
Inappropriate Content: Landing Page
Violence and Shocking Content: Landing Page
- Read the policies listed below to learn about the types of inappropriate content and services that we do not allow on landing pages.
- Remove non-compliant content from the landing page that you wish to use as your destination URL.
- Reach out to the AdRoll Customer Support team once the updates to your landing page have been made to request a re-review.
- If you’re not able to remove non-compliant content, change your destination URL to drive your target audience to landing pages with compliant content.
- Once you update your destination URL, your ads will automatically trigger into In Review.
Advocating towards animal cruelty for entertainment value, (e.g., dog fighting)
Any event which promotes cruelty toward animals
Selling or promoting products obtained from threatened species, (e.g., elephant ivory)
Blogs or forums offering information on how to obtain products from threatened species
Content Not Suitable for General Audiences
Products that use profanity
Products that contain references to adult themes including sexual content, drugs, gambling, or alcohol consumption
⚠️ Services that are only indended for adult audiences
AdRoll will not approve any websites that support or encourage discrimination or hateful content of any kind. Content that promotes mistreatment, intolerance, or disparaging of a person, group, or concept is strictly prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to discrimination on the basis of:
Racial or ethnic origin
Further examples of discriminatory content include:
Hate group paraphernalia
Content that intimidates another individual or group of individuals
Content that threatens harm or exploitation to others
Content that supports the exploitation of others
Content promoting any type of self-harm, such as suicide or anorexia
Content that promotes violence against another individual or group of individuals
Content that promotes blackmail
Lacking remorse or sensitivity towards a shocking or tragic event
Lacking remorse or sensitivity toward a natural disaster
Lacking remorse or sensitivity towards a death
Trying to profit or gain from a shocking event with no distinguishable advantage to the victims
Violence and Shocking Content
Gory content, (e.g., a car crash)
Violence, (e.g., an ad with a gun pointed at the user)
Violent or offensive language
Variations and misspellings of offensive language
Crime scene or accident photos
Images of needles or injections
Excessive use of blood
Human or animal waste
Content that suggests an individual may be at risk of harm or in danger
Content that suggests an individual may be infected with a disease
Content that suggests an individual may be the victim of a conspiracy