A Fixed audience is useful if your website’s URL structure does not allow for defining audiences based on specific URLs or URL patterns.
When to Use a Fixed Audience
- Pages whose URL does not contain unique identifiers
- Certain container tags
- Track conversions
Create a Fixed Audience
Go to the Audiences tab in the left navigation menu.
- Click New Audience and set Audience Type to URL Visited.
Fill in your Audience Name and click Copy ID to clipboard. This pulls a unique alphanumeric ID to be used as the URL rule placeholder.
Paste your ID into the URL field.
Complete the remaining fields and click Create Audience.
Prepare the Script
Below is the script that you'll need to use to tie the pages you choose to your fixed audience. Update the audience pixel by replacing the segment_ID in quotes with the unique ID we generated for you.
Activate the Audience Pixel
Track Conversions with Fixed Audiences
If you want to use the audience pixel to fix your conversion page to your conversion audience, make sure you select This is a conversion audience.
Exclude an Audience
Excluding an audience from a campaign means that we won't show ads to people in that audience. To exclude an existing audience:
- Go to your Audiences tab in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the audience that you want to exclude.
- Under Campaigns with Audience, switch the Target toggle from Target to Exclude.