A Pages Viewed audience organizes visitors based on the number of pages they have viewed.
Create a Pages Viewed Audience
- Go to the left navigation menu and click Website under Audiences.
- Click New Audience and select “Pages Viewed” from the Audience Type drop-down.
- Select the number of pages you’d like to base the audience on.
- Label the audience.
- Select the audience duration.
- When you're finished, click Create Audience.
Audience Purpose & Strategy
In many cases, segmenting your audience by the number of pages they’ve visited can be an excellent way of distinguishing and strategizing around different levels of intent. Someone who visits several pages of your site may be more invested in your brand and be more likely to convert than someone who bounces from their landing page.
Alternatively, if your primary conversion point is the purchase of a product, it may be more appropriate to segment your audience based on the viewing of one or more products. If this is applicable to your site and brand, please visit our help article on Products Viewed audience.