The purpose of AdGroups is to organize the ads within your campaign and strategically direct them to specific audiences.
AdGroups let you group relevant ads and serve them to a specific audience. If you're running a seasonal promotion that highlights a new product, you can serve ad images containing this product to the associated audience. For example, users who visited http://yousite.com/winter_jackets can be shown ads held within a "Jackets" AdGroup. By serving relevant ads to an interested audience, you can increase your click-through rate (CTR) and win more conversions.
- Click into your campaign from the Campaigns table and then click the Edit Campaign button on the right navigation bar.
- Within the Campaign Settings section, click Advanced Options.
- Click the Add New AdGroup button.
You can see and measure performance across each AdGroup. We'll provide reporting on both cost and conversion metrics on the AdGroup level, which will allow you to test new images and copy as you refine your advertising. A/B testing like this is simple with AdGroups.
Once you create an AdGroup, you can copy it by editing your campaign.
- Go to the Ad Campaigns tab in the left navigation menu.
- Click into the campaign that you want to edit in the Campaigns table.
- Click Edit.
- Within the Campaign Settings, click Advanced Options.
- Hover over the existing AdGroup name.
- Click on the Copy icon that appears.