Add Enhanced Conversion Tracking
Follow these steps to track the revenue on each purchase for reporting.
- Navigate to Google Tag Manager and click Tags.
- Click on the AdRoll tag.
- Click on the pencil Edit icon. In order to track revenue, populate the field Conversion Value with a variable. Click the icon to the right of the input field to display the list of variables that have been defined within Google Tag Manager.
- Click on the variable that corresponds to revenue. The customer will have had to define this variable and added it to the variables section.
- The variable will now appear in the Conversion Value field.
- To deploy any of the change made, click Submit.
Add Custom Variables
Follow these steps to pass back custom variables, like Order ID or Product ID.
- Go to the tag edit screen and scroll to Custom Data.
- Under Key, enter the name of the data you want to track. E.g. “product_id”.
- Under Value, select a variable that corresponds to that data by clicking into the icon on the right and selecting it from the variables available.
- For any additional data you want to track, click Add Custom Data and repeat the process.
- To deploy any change made, click the Submit.