Before you start, make sure you know:
- Your business's Instagram handle and password.
- A Business Manager account for your business (detailed below).
Set Up a Facebook Business Manager Account
If you already have a Business Manager account set up, scroll down to Connect Your Instagram Account.
Go to business.facebook.com and click Create Account.
Add in your Business or Page Name and click Continue.
Complete the forms and click Finish.
Connect Your Instagram Account to Facebook
To run ads on Instagram, you'll have to connect your Facebook account to your Instagram account by claiming your Instagram account.
Log in to your Business Manager, and click Business Manager Settings > Accounts > Instagram Accounts.
Add your Instagram username and password, then click Next.
Select your ad account if you have one, and click Next. Otherwise, click Finish.
A confirmation will pop up letting you know that your Instagram Account has successfully been added. Click OK.
Connect Your Instagram Account to AdRoll
Under the Connect to Facebook and Instagram tab:
- Click Connect Instagram Account. You will see a list of all the Instagram accounts already connected to your Facebook page that are available for you to use.
- Click on the Instagram handle you want to connect and click Select. A pop up with instructions to connect AdRoll as a partner (see below) will appear.
Assign AdRoll as a Partner
For AdRoll to serve ads on your behalf, Facebook requires you to assign AdRoll as a Partner.
To do this:
- Click on Open <your Instagram handle> in your Business Manager. This will take you directly to the selected Instagram account in your Facebook Business Manager.
- From here, click Assign Partners and enter 10151335266804117 (AdRoll’s business ID) in the popup box and click Next. You’ll see AdRoll is now added as an Agency Partner.
- Congrats! You have successfully assigned AdRoll as a partner to your Instagram account.