To show your ads on Facebook, first link your Facebook business page to your AdRoll account. In order to do this, you need to be the admin of your Facebook business manager, as well as the page admin.
There are two ways for you to connect your Facebook page to AdRoll: when you're building out your first Facebook campaign or through our integrations hub.
Once your Facebook business page is connected to your AdRoll account, a Facebook pixel from AdRoll's side will be placed on your website.
Note: We need Advertiser access to post Facebook ads on your behalf. To learn more about exactly what is available for each admin permission check out Facebook's Help Center article.
Connect Through Settings
- Navigate to Settings > Facebook.
- Follow the prompt to connect to Facebook.
Connect in Campaign Creation
- Log in to AdRoll and start creating a Facebook campaign or Automated Campaigns. Refer to our post that walks you through setting up a Facebook or Instagram campaign for help.
- Follow the prompt to Connect to Facebook.
- If you have multiple pages connected to your Facebook account, select which page you want to give AdRoll advertiser access to.
- Click Select to finish connecting your page to Facebook.
Connect Your Instagram Account
Connecting your account allows you to monitor your Instagram ads. Additionally, your ad links to your Instagram page, so visitors can easily follow your account.
You can also serve your campaign on Instagram without connecting to Instagram. This gives our advertisers without an account or without access to their Instagram account the ability to run Instagram ads.
Note: Managing your Instagram comments on AdRoll is not available at this time. However, you can manage your comments directly in your Instagram account.
To connect your account:
- Create a Business Manager account with Facebook and create an Instagram account. Learn more about creating a Business Manager account for Instagram.
- After connecting your Facebook page, select Connect Instagram Account under your Facebook connection.
- Enter your Instagram account ID and click Confirm.
We need access to your Facebook Page to create your News Feed ads and pull the data we need to report on campaign performance. For more information on managing page roles (and the differences in access levels), check out Facebook's support article.
Follow these steps to connect a Facebook Business Page where you aren't the page admin.
- On the AdRoll Connect to Facebook step, select Send an advertiser access request to a page you don't have Admin access to.
- Send the link we provide to the Facebook admin for the account.
- Instruct them go to the Page Roles section of their Facebook Business manager and accept the partner request.
- Back in AdRoll, click Connection Accepted.
Make sure the submitted URL links to your Facebook business page. Event or personal pages won't work.
If you verify that the page you are trying to add is an eligible business page, but are still seeing an error, check for Country and Age restrictions on your Facebook business page.
- Log in to your Facebook Business Page.
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- Set Country and Age restrictions to “Page is visible to everyone”
Disconnect Your Facebook Page
To remove your Facebook page from your AdRoll Account, navigate to Settings > Facebook and click Remove.