Connect using an integration specific guide
If you are using one of the below platforms, we recommend referring to the installation guide for step-by-step instructions.
|Google Tag Manager
Manually installing the Pixel
If you prefer connecting to AdRoll manually, or if your specific platform is not listed above, follow the below instructions.
1. Locate the header code for your website.
Go to your website's code and find the header of your website.
<!-- Insert AdRoll Pixel Code -->
2. Copy the entire pixel code and paste it in the global header.
Paste the code in the global header section, just above the closing header tag.
Important: You must replace the sample EID with your own unique pixel code before placing it on your site.
You can find your unique pixel code under the Audiences > Website > View Pixel.
Capturing Product Information
The track() allows you to pass product new attributes like price, quantity along with the existing attributes product_id, product_group, product_action, category.Events Supported
- Page View
- Add to Cart
- It is recommended to use the supported event names. Especially if you want to retarget those users by creating a User Event Audience.
- There is also no throttling in terms of request rate, but the expectation is that user events are generated by a human user so should be in the order of 1-2 requests per second. Please use track with that soft restriction in mind.
Additionally, web developers can install PixelPal to verify that your pixel is working properly. PixelPal is a Chrome extension that helps validate a website's AdRoll’s Pixel implementation.
- Install PixelPal in your Chrome browser by following the steps from the Chrome Web Store.
- Once installed, the extension’s icon will be available next to your address bar.
- Activate PixelPal by clicking the icon to review and confirm the End User License Agreement (EULA).
If your status says JS Pixel Detected, your code has been installed correctly. It can take up to 24 hours for your website to connect to AdRoll.
Someone else makes updates to my website
If someone else updates the code on your website, follow these steps to email them your pixel setup instructions.
1. Navigate to Connect Manually.
2. Click Email Code.