Image ads are the most common type of display ad. They consist of a single file, minimal animation, and one landing page. Image ads have a background graphic, a business logo, and a call-to-action. We recommend these as an essential part of every campaign.
We recommend that you have the six most popular ad sizes, at minimum. The more ad sizes you upload, the more reach your campaign will have and the better it'll perform.
- Banner: 468×60
- Large Rectangle: 336×280
- Mid Square: 200×200
- Square: 250×250
- Small Rectangle: 180×150
|Supported File Types||JPG, PNG, and GIF (up to 30 seconds, 15-20 fps, no looping)|
|File Size||Up to 150KB|
|Destination URL (Includes UTM Parameters)||Up to 1,024 characters, no redirecting URLs, URLs can't direct to a payment processor (e.g. PayPal) or video (e.g. YouTube), macros permitted.|
Note: All ads must have a border.
Upload Image Ads
You can upload ads either through your Ad Library or during campaign creation. When uploading any image for Social Ad, our system will automatically create ads (copies) for all appropriate ad placements.
From the Ads Library:
- Navigate to your Ads Library, and click Upload on the top right.
- Either browse or drag and drop the image you’d like to add to AdRoll.
- On the next screen, edit or enter text into the fields on the left. Different fields will display for different ad types. If a required field is left blank, clicking upload will highlight the required fields.
- Click upload to add the new ads to your library.
From a Campaign:
- Create a New Campaign or Edit an Existing Campaign.
- When you get to the Ads step, click Upload.
- Drag and drop any pre-created web ads into the drop-zone.
- Edit the details as needed and preview the ads on the right.
- Click Upload.
- Review and Launch a new campaign, or Save an existing campaign.