Through our HubSpot integration, you can sync your static HubSpot email lists directly from your account to your AdRoll dashboard. Matched through our CRM data onboarding process, this integration helps you easily convert your lists into a targetable audience segment.
Please note that you must have at least 100 unique user emails in each of your lists for the CRM segment to successfully populate for web.
How do I sync my HubSpot CRM segments?
To find the HubSpot integration tool navigate to your Connected Audiences under the Audience tab.
1. Click the HubSpot icon, then Connect
2. To connect HubSpot, you'll need your unique 7-digit HubSpot ID. You can find your ID in your HubSpot dashboard URL (...app.hubspot.com/dashboard/1234567/) or in the top right corner of your dashboard.
3. Copy your HubSpot ID and return to where you left off in your AdRoll dashboard to paste it into the Enter your HubSpot ID field.
4. Click “Authenticate with HubSpot ID” and then “Authorize.”
5. Once your page reloads, click "Select Lists" to manage which lists you want to turn into segments.
Best practices for HubSpot CRM segments
To learn how to create and manage your lists within HubSpot, click here. Here are some tips to prepare your lists for CRM data onboarding:
- Your lists should contain at least 100 emails.
- Use personal emails when possible, as they match at a higher rate.
- Make sure your email database is up to date—adding an email validation step during sign-up workflows can be very helpful to make sure that users are supplying active emails.
- Consider combining CRM segments with other types of segments to boost performance. Remember, the larger the audience your campaign has, the more optimization we can perform.
- Ensure you are uploading a static list from HubSpot. Smart lists are not currently supported.
When will my HubSpot CRM segment be ready to use in my campaigns?
Your HubSpot CRM segment may not appear on your dashboard immediately. We will begin the matching process for new lists within 6 hours. Any new emails added after the process has begun may take up to 2 weeks to be matched
All HubSpot segments will be automatically named and end with “HubSpot”.
After your email list appears the cookie matching begins. Give your HubSpot segment(s) up to seven days to cookie match for both web and Facebook and activate fully on your campaign.
Please read on for more detail on what to expect with your HubSpot segment(s).
- Once integrated, we will pull new emails from HubSpot every 6 days, keeping your HubSpot CRM segment up to date as you work with your lists. Once pulled, the matching process takes up to 7 days.
- For US advertisers, CRM can be launched on both web and Facebook. Where possible, we recommend using US-based email addresses; they match at a higher rate than non-US emails.
- Outside of the US, CRM segments have limited functionality on web campaigns. We are working on building this functionality, but we recommend that non-US advertisers adopt CRM retargeting on Facebook instead.
- CRM segments cannot be edited after they are created.
- Cookie matching on Facebook will take less than a day.
- Cookie matching on the web takes up to seven days, depending on the size of your email list. Make sure you take this into consideration when planning your CRM campaign.
How many emails were matched?
When your segment appears in your Audience tab, we'll display the number of emails originally uploaded through the HubSpot integration.
To see how many emails were successfully matched for web or Facebook, click on the name of your HubSpot segment in the Audience tab.
- Total Web Visitors: Total active cookies matched for web.
- New Web Visitors: Cookies matched within the date range specified.
- Total Facebook Visitors: Total active cookies matched for Facebook.
To sign up for HubSpot CRM, visit the HubSpot site at the following link: Hubspot CRM