What is CRM Data Onboarding?
CRM Data Onboarding makes it possible to build audiences based your existing email lists, and serve that audience display ads across AdRoll’s inventory of web, mobile, and social channels. Whether your list represents existing customers or prospects collected at a networking event, CRM Onboarding helps you bridge the gap between offline and online activities.
How do I get started?
In order for this solution to work for you, you will need:
- A curated email marketing list with at least 100 unique user emails. Please format this list as a .CSV, submitting only emails in a single column. You'll upload this list to your dashboard as a CRM segment.
- Or check "Integrations" in "Settings" to see if we support your email marketing provider and can import your lists.
Once you have your list(s) onboarded, we’ll work to translate your email list into an audience segment you can use to target your display ads.
It's important to respect the rights of your customers and prospects when engaging in online and offline marketing activities. It's your responsibility to make sure that you have the rights and permissions needed to upload your customer and prospect email lists onto AdRoll's CRM Onboarding platform, including their consent where required. After all, you don’t want to serve ads to individuals who won't be receptive to them.
How does it work?
It used to take up to 7 days, but as of May 2017, it now takes just 24 hours for your CRM segment to populate.
Your email lists are transferred to AdRoll’s servers and then matched to our IntentMap and also - via a secure transfer protocol - to external match partners. AdRoll’s partners match your email addresses to browser cookies, allowing AdRoll to serve ads to the customers in your email database.
Why should I use it?
A unique benefit of CRM Onboarding is that it allows you to reach the same audience with display ads that you reach with your email campaigns. With CRM Onboarding, your can connect the dots across devices and reach users wherever they are. Here are some key applications:
- Re-engage dormant customers: Reach out to dormant leads and complement your lead nurturing programs with cross-channel retargeting.
- Leverage existing email segments: Multiply the investment in your email database by leveraging your email segments on display. AdRoll makes it easy to onboard your first-party CRM data.
- Connect online and offline campaigns: Integrate your offline CRM data to connect the dots across channels and deliver consistent and relevant messaging to your audiences.
CRM Onboarding can also be particularly helpful in cases where user information stored in your databases can help to define key audiences that cannot be identified through site activity alone:
Existing customers who converted prior to AdRoll Pixel placement
Seasonal purchasers, or customers who purchased specific products
Long-term customers who have fallen out of the cookie pool
Prospects who shared their contact information at an offline event
External user lists from your email service provider
For US advertisers, CRM can be launched on both web and Facebook. Where possible, we recommend using US-based email addresses and they match at a higher rate than non-US emails.
Outside of the US, CRM segments have limited functionality on web campaigns. We are working on building this functionality, but we recommend that non-US advertisers adopt CRM retargeting on Facebook instead.
CRM segments cannot be edited after they are created. Total visitors reflects the number of emails contained in your email list.
The cookie matching process can take up to a week at most, depending on the size of your email list. Make sure you take this into consideration when planning your CRM campaign.