CRM data onboarding
CRM data onboarding builds audiences based your existing email lists. Whether your list represents existing customers or prospects collected at a networking event, CRM onboarding brings offline efforts online.
You'll need one of the following:
- A curated email marketing list with at least 100 unique user emails. Please format this list as a .CSV, submitting only emails in a single column. You'll upload this list as a CRM audience.
- Check to see if we support your email marketing provider and can import your lists.
It's important to respect the rights of your customers and prospects when engaging in online and offline marketing activities. It's your responsibility to make sure that you have the rights and permissions needed to upload your customer and prospect email lists onto the AdRoll CRM onboarding platform, including their consent where required. After all, you don’t want to serve ads to individuals who won't be receptive to them.
How it works
Your email lists are transferred to AdRoll servers and then matched to our IntentMap and also - via a secure transfer protocol - to external match partners. AdRoll’s partners match each email address to a browser cookie, which allows AdRoll to serve ads to the customers in your email database.
It can take up to 72 hours for your CRM to start populating. The matching process might take a couple of days to complete, depending on the size of the list.
CRM onboarding enables you to reach the same audience with display ads that you reach with your email campaigns.
- Re-engage: Reach out to leads and complement your lead nurturing programs with cross-channel retargeting.
- Leverage existing emails: Multiply the investment in your email database by leveraging your email audience on display. AdRoll makes it easy to onboard your first-party CRM data.
- Connect online and offline campaigns: Integrate your offline CRM data to deliver consistent and relevant messaging to your audiences.
CRM onboarding can help define key audiences that can't be identified through site activity alone:
Customers who converted prior to AdRoll Pixel placement
Seasonal purchasers, or customers who purchased specific products
Long-term customers who have fallen out of the audience duration
Prospects who shared their contact information at an offline event
External user lists from your email service provider
Note: CRM audiences can't be edited after they've been created. Total visitors reflects the number of emails contained in your email list.