These are general instructions for dynamically passing back revenue recorded for each sale. If you work with a particular ecommerce platform, check if we have your platform listed in Platform Integrations.
Before You Start
To pass back revenue values dynamically, make sure that you don't specify a conversion value when creating your conversion audience. If you previously specified a conversion value, please edit your conversion audience.
Basic Conversion Tracking
Your AdRoll Pixel is an easy way to set up basic conversion tracking through URL-based rules. Any time a visitor lands on a page that represents completion of a desired action, for example, http://www.example.com/thankyou, a conversion event can be triggered and attributed to your advertising.
To implement enhanced conversion tracking, you'll need to know:
- How to access your conversion page HTML.
- Variable names for the information you'd like to track.
We've implemented a specific conversion variable for order amounts that your AdRoll Pixel recognizes. When a value is assigned to this variable, it will show up in your AdRoll reporting.
The revenue variable name (conversion_value) is unique to each website and ecommerce platform. Make sure to refer to the proper documentation from your respective platform.
To verify that you've implemented the revenue variable correctly, trigger a test transaction. Then, check the HTML of your conversion page. The revenue value (conversion_value) should be replaced with the actual order amount logged. For example, revenue (conversion_value) could be 1500.00
AdRoll defaults to reporting revenue values in USD. To report revenue values in a custom currency, replace "USD" with the three-letter code that represents your desired currency in the script.
- We can currently set up your reporting in US Dollars (USD), Euro (EUR), British Pound Sterling (GBP), Australian Dollars (AUD), and Japanese Yen (JPY).
- If you specify a different currency for enhanced conversion tracking than what is set as your default, revenue tracked will be converted to your default currency setting based on daily exchange rates.
- If no currency code is specified, reporting defaults to USD.
Revenue and Custom Values
You may use track function and pass additional variables into the object as custom values. See example snippet above for additional custom variable like USER_ID, product_id etc.,
- To see the converted printed value, please ensure the test product value is greater than $1 (anything below $1 will be printed as $0).
- The above snippets of code are sample snippets, please make sure to copy your unique pixel code from your AdRoll dashboard.