CRM Data Onboarding
CRM Data Onboarding builds audiences based your existing email lists. Whether your list represents existing customers or prospects collected at a networking event, CRM Onboarding brings offline efforts online.
You'll need either:
- A curated email marketing list with at least 100 unique user emails. Please format this list as a .CSV, submitting only emails in a single column. You'll upload this list to your dashboard as a CRM audience.
- Check Integrations to see if we support your email marketing provider and can import your lists.
It's important to respect the rights of your customers and prospects when engaging in online and offline marketing activities. It's your responsibility to make sure that you have the rights and permissions needed to upload your customer and prospect email lists onto AdRoll's CRM Onboarding platform, including their consent where required. After all, you don’t want to serve ads to individuals who won't be receptive to them.
How It Works
Your email lists are transferred to AdRoll’s servers and then matched to our IntentMap and also - via a secure transfer protocol - to external match partners. AdRoll’s partners match your email addresses to browser cookies, allowing AdRoll to serve ads to the customers in your email database.
It takes 24 hours for your CRM audience to populate.
CRM Onboarding enables you to reach the same audience with display ads that you reach with your email campaigns.
- Re-engage: Reach out to leads and complement your lead nurturing programs with cross-channel retargeting.
- Leverage existing emails: Multiply the investment in your email database by leveraging your email audience on display. AdRoll makes it easy to onboard your first-party CRM data.
- Connect online and offline campaigns: Integrate your offline CRM data to deliver consistent and relevant messaging to your audiences.
CRM Onboarding can help define key audiences that can't be identified through site activity alone:
Customers who converted prior to AdRoll Pixel placement
Seasonal purchasers, or customers who purchased specific products
Long-term customers who have fallen out of the audience duration
Prospects who shared their contact information at an offline event
External user lists from your email service provider
For US advertisers, CRM can be launched on both Web and Facebook. Where possible, we recommend using US-based email addresses and they match at a higher rate than non-US emails.
Outside of the US, CRM segments have limited functionality on Web campaigns. We are working on building this functionality, but we recommend that non-US advertisers adopt CRM retargeting on Facebook instead.
CRM segments cannot be edited after they are created. Total visitors reflects the number of emails contained in your email list.
The matching process can take up to a week at most, depending on the size of your email list. Make sure you take this into consideration when planning your CRM campaign.