Alert: This feature is only available to our paid subscribers. You can check out your plan options here.
To disconnect a social channel from AdRoll, please follow the steps below provided for each social channel.
- Go to your Pinterest Business account settings > Security and Logins
- Find AdRoll and select “revoke”
- Go to your TikTok Ads Manager > User settings> Authorizations. If you have a Business Center set up, you can also find and remove AdRoll there
- Find “AdRoll” and press “Remove”. *Please note, once you have revoked access, AdRoll will no longer be importing reporting data and edits will not be able to be made via the AdRoll UI
- Go to your Meta business manager settings > Accounts > Ad Accounts
- Select the ad account you connected to AdRoll
- Under “Partners”, you should see AdRoll > Remove AdRoll as a partner
- Click the account profile in the top right corner, then click ‘Manage your Google Account’.
- Click the ‘Data & Privacy’ option then scroll down to the ‘Data from apps and services you use’ section.
- Click AdRoll to view the remove access option.
AdRoll Dashboard Settings
- Navigate to the integrations page in AdRoll and select the channel you want to disconnect. Once you have removed access via Pinterest/Tikok/Facebook, the channel will say “Connection Lost”. This status change can take up to 48 hours.
- Select “Confirm Disconnection”. Once the disconnection is confirmed, all campaigns associated with the ad account will be removed from AdRoll