Contacts in AdRoll can be organized into two types of lists, Dynamic Lists and Static Lists. You have the ability to add to your contacts by uploading a CSV file, which is referred to as a Static List.
How to import a list of contacts
- On your left-hand column of the dashboard click Contacts under the Audiences section.
- Click “Create a New List” and select “Create a Static List”.
- You can drag and drop your .csv or click Select your file and select the CSV file you want to upload. Once you've chosen the CSV file you want to add to your contact list, click Next.
Important: Email addresses are required in your CSV file. If the email address column is not mapped then you will be prevented from completing your upload.
Note: There are no limits on the number of emails you can upload in your CSV file. You can also append custom fields to the contacts you upload to AdRoll. These could be traits about the contact collected in form submissions.
- From here you will decide whether to create a new list, add to an existing list, or add to your unsubscribe list by clicking on the Select an audience drop-down.
Note: If you select Create New List, you will have the option to rename your list.
- Map the AdRoll fields to match the column label. If your label doesn't match any of the default fields, you can create a custom field by typing it out in the search box and clicking Create New Field.
- In the review screen, you can make last-minute changes or click Complete Import when you're finished.
Congratulations! You have successfully uploaded your contacts.