Outbrain is a web advertising platform. This article will show you how to connect Outbrain to AdRoll’s Advanced Tracking solution, and how to tag campaigns and ads. Tagging a channel gives you the power to deeply analyze the value of your ads through Advanced Tracking’s Dashboard.
How to Connect Outbrain
There are two ways to add Outbrain as a marketing channel:
- In the Advanced Tracking setup, select Outbrain from the list of marketing channels.
- In the AdRoll Advanced Tracking dashboard, go to the Tags page and click “+ Add a new Channel”. From there select Outbrain from the list of marketing channels.
After you add Outbrain as a channel, you can Connect by signing in with your Outbrain account. This connection powers Advanced Tracking’s spend-related metrics.
How to Tag Outbrain
Outbrain supports tracking clicks via Manual Tags (easiest + recommended). You can Tag this channel by going to the Cross Channel Attribution > Tags page and clicking on the Outbrain logo.
Create Manual Tags (easiest)
Create your custom tag by filling in the campaign, adgroup, ad/content detail in order to track your ad or content specific touchpoints.
- Enter campaign, adset, and ad details to create a list of tags.
- Open Outbrain campaigns tab.
[Open Outbrain] (https://my.outbrain.com/)
- Select the pencil icon to edit campaign settings.
- Copy and paste click tag in Tracking > Tracking Code.
Remember to add an ‘&’ to the beginning of the tag if you have existing trackers.
- Copy and paste view tag within 3rd Party Pixels.
- Publish with new tracking.
Once tags are added to their corresponding ads, we will begin tracking activity on this channel right away. It may take up to 24 hours for data to appear in the dashboard, and up to 30 days to get an accurate assessment of your marketing mix.