LinkedIn Ads is an ad platform for the largest professional social network. This article will show you how to connect LinkedIn Ads to AdRoll’s Advanced Tracking solution, and how to tag campaigns and ads. Tagging a channel gives you the power to deeply analyze the value of your ads through Advanced Tracking’s Dashboard.
How to Connect LinkedIn Ads
There are two ways to add LinkedIn Ads as a marketing channel:
- In the Advanced Tracking setup, select LinkedIn Ads from the list of marketing channels.
- In the AdRoll Advanced Tracking dashboard, go to the Tags page and click “+ Add a new Channel”. From there select LinkedIn Ads from the list of marketing channels.
After you add LinkedIn Ads as a channel, you can Connect by signing in with your LinkedIn account. This connection powers Advanced Tracking’s spend-related metrics.
How to Tag LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn Ads supports tracking clicks via Manual Tags (easiest + recommended). You can Tag this channel by going to the Cross Channel Attribution > Tags page and clicking on the LinkedIn Ads logo.
Create Manual Tags (easiest)
Create your custom tag by filling in the campaign, adgroup, ad/content detail in order to track your ad or content specific touchpoints.
- Enter campaign, adset, and ad details to create a list of tags.
- Open LinkedIn campaign manager.
[Open LinkedIn] (https://www.linkedin.com/ad-beta/accounts)
- Navigate to Ads, hover over ad and select Manage Ad.
- Click Actions (...) then select Edit.
- Find the Destination URL field, and append your tags.
Remember to add an ‘&’ to the beginning of the tag if you have existing trackers.
- Hit save. Repeat until all ads are tagged.
Once tags are added to their corresponding ads, we will begin tracking activity on this channel right away. It may take up to 24 hours for data to appear in the dashboard, and up to 30 days to get an accurate assessment of your marketing mix.