Pinterest is an image sharing and social media service. This article will show you how to connect Pinterest to AdRoll’s Advanced Tracking solution, and how to tag campaigns and ads. Tagging a channel gives you the power to deeply analyze the value of your ads through Advanced Tracking’s Dashboard.
How to Connect Pinterest
There are two ways to add Pinterest as a marketing channel:
- In the Advanced Tracking setup, select Pinterest from the list of marketing channels.
- In the AdRoll Advanced Tracking dashboard, go to the Tags page and click “+ Add a new Channel”. From there select Pinterest from the list of marketing channels.
After you add Pinterest as a channel, you can Connect by signing in with your Pinterest account. This connection powers Advanced Tracking’s spend-related metrics.
How to Tag Pinterest
Pinterest supports tracking clicks via Smart Tags (easiest + recommended) or Manual Tags. You can Tag this channel by going to the Cross Channel Attribution > Tags page and clicking on the Pinterest logo.
Create Smart Tag (easiest)
Leverage dynamic macros for your campaign, adgroup and ad/content variables so you can simply copy and paste one tracking code across all active ads. These macros are created by each partner and update with the relevant information automatically.
- Copy our smart click tag
- Paste your tag at the ad level in your Pinterest dashboard.
[Open Pinterest] (https://ads.pinterest.com/)
Create Manual Tags
Create your custom tag by filling in the campaign, adgroup, ad/content detail in order to track your ad or content specific touchpoints.
- Enter campaign, adset, and ad details to create a list of tags.
- Copy and paste your tags to the ad level.
Once tags are added to their corresponding ads, we will begin tracking activity on this channel right away. It may take up to 24 hours for data to appear in the dashboard, and up to 30 days to get an accurate assessment of your marketing mix.