With a Recover Cart Abandoners campaign goal, AdRoll Email enables you to easily target customers who added products to their cart, but didn't purchase.
Here's how to set up a recover cart abandoners campaign:
- Navigate to Automated Emails from the left navigation menu and click the Create Campaign.
- Select Recover Cart Abandoners from the email goal selection modal and click Create.
- Start building your recover cart abandoner campaign by following the steps in the guided setup flow.
- Select the audience you want to send your campaign by clicking on Add Audience. Auto targeting is selected by default, but you can choose to Customize Conditions to select which Audiences to include or exclude. After selecting your target audience, click Save.
- Next, enter your sender details. Click on Add From/Sender to enter your sender name, email address, physical address, and website. You’ll see a preview on the right of how all this information will appear in the email. After entering your details, click Save.
- Now it's time to design your email. Build the content of your campaign by clicking on Edit Sequence. You can choose from over 100 pre-built templates, create one from scratch using our email design editor, or upload your own HTML file.
When you're finished creating your email template, you have the option to Send a Preview or Save the Template to reuse it for another campaign.
Click Next when you're ready for the next step.
- Hover over and click Edit Subject and Preheader to enter or edit a subject line and preheader text for your sequence. A preview will automatically be generated showing you how it will appear on mobile and desktop.
To save your entries, click Save.
- Next, build out your drip sequence by clicking Add New Email to Sequence. (Follow step 6 and step 7 to design the additional of emails in your sequence.)
Set the exactly when the next email in your sequence is triggered by entering the number or hours or days.
You can also can control which of the emails you want to activate, preview, edit, clone, or delete.
- [Optional] If you have specific actions you want to track, you can add UTM Tracking to your campaign A UTM code is a snippet of simple code that you can add to the end of a URL to track the performance of campaigns and content.
For more information on UTM Tracking check out Add UTMs to your AdRoll campaigns.
- When you’re finished creating your email sequence and ready to launch your campaign, click Launch. Otherwise, click Finish Later to save your progress.
Congratulations! You have now set up your recover cart abandoners email sequence campaign.