Sending regular email newsletter campaigns helps to build a lasting relationship with your subscribers and keeps you top of your mind. AdRoll Email enables you to easily craft and send engaging newsletters to keep subscribers informed about your business or product.
An email newsletter is a one-time send to a target group of contacts. These are best used for sale announcements, blog posts, and general company updates. A newsletter can be created and sent immediately or scheduled for a future date and time.
Before you start
Before you create a newsletter to send, you should do the following:
- Import or Start Collecting Contacts
- Create a List
- Configure your Default Sender Identity
- Update your brand in the Brand Manager and create some reusable Email Templates
Create a Newsletter Campaign
- Navigate to the Emails tab from the left-hand navigation
- Click the Create button
- Give your newsletter a Campaign Name
A wizard will take you through the steps of building your campaign:
- Sent to
- From / Sender
- Subject Line
- Email Content
- UTM Tracking
First, choose your recipients:
Click Add Audience in step 1.
In the dropdown, choose an existing list to target or create a new one by clicking Create New List. You may select multiple lists to send to for a single newsletter campaign.
If you do not want certain contacts to receive this campaign, you can select one or more exclusion lists. For example, you might want to exclude recipients who have not opened an email from your business in over a year to help improve your engagement.
Once you’ve selected the lists you want to include and/or exclude, click Save.
Make note of the Estimated Recipients. This count removes excluded, duplicate, unsubscribed, not subscribed, and suppressed profiles.
Add your Sender Information
This information is used to display who the email is coming from when it hits the recipient’s inbox.
- Click on Add From/Sender in Step 2.
- If you set up your default sending identity in your settings, that will automatically be populated here. If not, fill out the below information.
- Sender name
- From email address
- Physical address
- Website URL
- You’ll see a preview on the right of how all this information will appear in the email.
- Click Save.
Populate a Subject Line and Preheader
Click Add Subject
Enter a subject line of 150 characters or less.
- Click the [P] icon to add personalization
- Click the 🙂 icon to add an emoji.
- Click the [AI] icon to prompt AI-generated subject lines based on the goal of your campaign.
Enter a preheader of 150 characters or less (optional).
- This is what displays next to or below the subject line in the inbox to give recipients more insight into the context of the email.
A preview will automatically be generated showing you how it will appear on mobile and desktop.
- Choose to preview as a specific contact if you personalize your subject line.
To save your entries, click Save.
Create your Email Content
Now choose or design the responsive template you want to use for your email message.
- Click on Design Email in Step 4.
- This will open your Email Template Library where you can choose an email template.
- This will open the email builder. Make any edits you need to in order to fully design your email message. You can also switch templates if needed.
- Once your design is ready, click Save.
Customize UTM parameters
A UTM Parameter is a tag that you can add to the end of the URLs in the email to track the performance of your campaign. For more information on UTM Tracking check out Add UTMs to your AdRoll Campaigns.
- Choose to Customize.
- Enter a value for:
It's time to check your work
Once you complete the above steps, you’re almost done! We highly recommend double-checking all your work and asking yourself the below questions:
- Do your inclusion and exclusion audiences look correct and match the goal of your campaign? The more targeted the audience, the better.
- Is all your Sender Information populated correctly to reflect your business?
- Is your subject line catchy and does it truly reflect the content of the email message?
- Have you checked your copy for spelling and grammatical errors?
- If you’re using personalization, is it populating correctly?
- Have you previewed your email design to make sure it renders correctly on multiple devices?
- Are all hyperlinks in your email design going to the correct landing pages?
If you’ve checked the above and it all looks good, you’re ready to schedule your email.
Send or Schedule your Campaign
- When you’re ready to send your newsletter, click on Schedule.
- Click Send Now if you’re ready to send your email immediately or select Schedule to specify the exact date and time for later when you want to send your email.