AdRoll's Email building tool allows you to directly search for, or upload pictures, as well as customize their appearance.
To add images
- Drag an Image Content Box into the template.
- Click Browse.
- You have three options to get images into your email: Upload (step 4), Import (step 5), and Search for free photos (step 6).
- To Upload, select an image from your device and click Open.
- To Import, upload your URL or choose a place like Google Drive, Facebook or Instagram to connect. You can even take a picture right from your computer!
- Click Search for Free Photos. Type in a keyword and browse the available images. Once you've decided click Import.
- Once your image has been uploaded, click Insert.
After you've added your images, you can edit how they will appear in your email.
To manipulate images
- Click on the image to pull up the Content Properties.
- Auto width will be on by default. If you want to manually adjust the width, turn off the Auto width toggle and you can use the image slider.
- You can adjust the alignment of the image to be: left, center, or right.
- Click Apply effects & more.
You can use these tools to:
- Add filters
- Resize the image
- Crop the image
- Transform and rotate the image
- Draw on the image
- Add text
- Add shapes
- Add stickers
- Add Emoticons
- Add a frame
- Adjust the corners of the image
- and more!
- When you're done, click Save.
- You can also add alternate text to your image. Alternate text is what will show as a description of your image that doesn't load properly in the browser. This is most helpful for e-readers.
- Use the dropdown in the Action section to add functionality to the image.
- Open a webpage
- Send an email
- Make a call
- Send SMS
- Block Options allow you to control the space on the sides of the image.
- If you want to use the same image multiple times, click the duplicate icon.
- When you're finished editing the image, click the down arrow icon.