Through our Privy integration, you can sync your Privy email lists directly from your account to AdRoll. This integration helps you easily convert your lists into a targetable audience through our CRM data onboarding process.
Connect Privy to AdRoll
Please note that you must have at least 100 unique user emails in each of your lists for the CRM lists to successfully populate.
Step 1: Log in to AdRoll and navigate to the Audiences tab
Step 2: Now Click on Connect an Audience from the dropdown.
Step 3: From the Integration list select Privy
Step 4: Now click on Authorize Account and then click Allow from the pop-up box.
Step 5: Before you leave AdRoll to finish the integration, copy your Advertiser ID. You will need it to complete to connection with Privy
Step 6: Navigate to the Privy app. Under the menu, select integrations
Step 7: Select AdRoll
Step 8: Enter your Advertiser ID & email
Step 9: Navigate back to your campaigns page
Step 10: Then, click on the icon for your particular campaign
Step 11: Now navigate to the campaign’s Automation settings (all the way at the right), click the "+ New Rule” button and choose which account and list you want to sync new signups to.
Then click Save.
Step 12: Click on the tab and then choose the "Select an account" dropdown. Then, select AdRoll. Once you've chosen this, you can then specify which list within AdRoll to sync your contacts.
Congratulations, you've now created your AdRoll Automation Rule!
- Your lists should contain at minimum 100 emails for best performance.
- Use personal emails when possible, as they match at a higher rate.
- Make sure your email database is up to date—adding an email validation step during signup workflows can be very helpful to make sure that users are supplying active emails.
- Consider combining CRM segments with other types of segments (link to other segment articles) to boost performance. Remember, the larger the audience your campaign has, the more optimization we can perform!
Waiting for Imported Audiences to Appear
Your Privy CRM audiences may not appear in AdRoll immediately. We'll begin the matching process for new lists within six hours. Any new emails added after the process has begun may take up to two weeks to be matched.
Imported audiences names will automatically end with Privy.
After your email list appears, the cookie matching begins. Give this up to seven days to activate fully on your campaigns.
What to Expect Once Integrated
- We'll pull new emails from Privy every 24 hours. Once pulled, the matching process takes up to seven days.
- For US advertisers, CRM can be launched on both web and Facebook. Where possible, we recommend using US-based email addresses.
- Outside of the US, CRM audiences have limited functionality on web campaigns. We recommend that non-US advertisers adopt CRM retargeting on Facebook instead.
- You can't edit a CRM audience once it's created.
- Cookie matching on Facebook takes less than 24 hours.
- Cookie matching on the web takes up to seven days, depending on the size of your email list.
We'll display the number of emails originally uploaded through the Privy integration.
To see how many emails were successfully matched for the web or Facebook, click on the name of your Privy audience in the Audience tab.