Note: The AdRoll Integration for Salesforce is available for Salesforce customers with Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited and Developer Editions
1 Navigate to "Labs" via the hamburger drop down in the top-left corner. Scroll until you find "Integrations." Once on the Integrations page, select "Salesforce." You can access the page directly here.
2 Click "Authenticate with Salesforce" to enter your login credentials.
3 Ensure the Salesforce API is enabled for your account. For steps on enabling API access in Salesforce by permission go here. Once completed, enter your Salesforce username and password, so we can authorize AdRoll to pull your CRM leads.
4 Filter your database using the drop down, name your list, and save it. You can add multiple filters by clicking 'add filter' after each set of criteria is selected. Note: If there is a field that's not showing in the dropdown please contact your Salesforce Admin to ensure you have 'read access' to that field.
Once your filters are in place you will see a preview of 100 emails and also the total number of emails that would be imported.
Below we outline some tips and considerations to take when preparing your lists for CRM data onboarding.
- Your lists should contain at minimum 100 emails for best performance.
- Use personal emails when possible, as they match at a higher rate than business emails.
- Make sure your email database is up to date—adding an email validation step during signup workflows can be very helpful to make sure that users are supplying active emails.
- Consider targeting CRM segments and other types of segments to boost performance. Remember, the larger the audience your campaign has, the more optimization we can perform!
When will my Salesforce CRM segments be ready to use in my campaigns?
Your Salesforce CRM segment may not appear on your dashboard immediately. We will begin the matching process for new lists within 6 hours. Any new emails added after the process has begun may take up to 2 weeks to be matched. Salesforce segments will be automatically named and start with salesforce.
After your email list appears the cookie matching begins. Feel free to add your Salesforce segments(s) to your campaigns after creating. The cookie match starts immediately for Facebook - and takes up to 7 days for web campaigns.
Please read on for more detail on what to expect with your Salesforce segment(s).
- Once integrated, we will pull new emails from Salesforce every 6 days, keeping your Salesforce CRM segment up to date as you work with your lists. Once pulled, the matching process takes up to 7 days.
- For US advertisers, CRM can be launched on both web and Facebook. Where possible, we recommend using US-based email addresses and they match at a higher rate than non-US emails.
- Outside of the US, CRM segments have limited functionality on web campaigns. We are working on building this functionality, but we recommend that non-US advertisers adopt CRM retargeting on Facebook instead.
- CRM segments cannot be edited after they are created.
- Cookie matching on Facebook will take less than a day.
- Cookie matching on the web takes up to 7 days, depending on the size of your email list. Make sure you take this into consideration when planning your CRM campaign.
How many of my emails were matched from my Salesforce segments?
When your segment appears in your Audience tab, we'll display the number of emails originally uploaded through the Salesforce integration.
To see how many emails were successfully matched for web or Facebook, click on the name of your Salesforce segment in the Audience tab.