Create beautiful dynamic ads on Facebook that automatically feature previously-viewed and recommended products personalized based on each user’s browsing activity.
Create a dynamic template
Navigate to your Ads tab > Create Facebook Dynamic Ad.
Choose between Multi Product or Single product. The preview updates to show you an example of what your ad could look like, based on your selection, with products pulled directly from your catalogue.
Name your ads and input ad copy, or use the existing default copy.
Add dynamic text to your ad copy
- Use keywords to pull in product names, prices, and description dynamically from your product catalog. For example, @price will pull the latest price of each product.
- Use promo/branding-type messaging for the Text field. For newsfeed ads, @title keyword is great for the Title field, while @price fits well in the Description field.
- The displayed currency is determined by the currency/main language that your Shopify store is set up in. Please reach out to the Customer Support team if you have questions regarding the displayed currency.
For multi-product news feed ads, keywords should only be used in the title and description fields, and should be not be used in any copy fields for multi-product right hand column ads. On multi-product right hand column, your advertisable profile name is populated as Title.
Select your call to action, for example "Shop Now."
Launch a Facebook dynamic ads campaign
Navigate to your Campaigns > New Campaign.
Select Promote Your Products as your Campaign Objective.
This Campaign Objective is only available if you have a product feed.
Create your AdGroups and add ads to the campaign.
All of your existing audiences and dynamic ads are available for use on Dynamic Product campaigns. Note: existing ads are only editable in the Ads tab.
If you don’t have any dynamic ads yet, you’ll have to create them in the Ads tab.
- Facebook dynamic product ads can only be added to Facebook dynamic ads campaigns.
- Create separate ads for Facebook News Feed (desktop + mobile) and Facebook Right Hand Column.
If you already have an existing Facebook dynamic ads campaign, you can add your Facebook dynamic ads to them. You will only be able to select dynamic product ads if the campaign is a dynamic ads campaign. If the Facebook campaign is for static ads, you will only be able to select other static ads.