What you need to continue:
- An AdRoll tag configured with your AdRoll Pixel
- Developer help (maybe)
What is enhanced conversion tracking?
Basic conversion tracking allows you to count the number of conversions attributed to your campaign. Enhanced conversion tracking pulls in additional data about that conversion, for example revenue.
Setting Up Enhanced Conversion Tracking through Tealium
1. Tag Configuration: Configure your AdRoll tag using this guide.
2. Load Rules: Set your page load rule. The default is to "load on every page", which we recommend. If you need to, you can also set your tag to fire on specific pages, by clicking "create rule".
3. Data Mappings: Map website variables to AdRoll to enhance campaign reporting. Identify your data source (where the information can be found) and destination (where to send that information). The rest of this article covers how to complete this part.
Identifying data sources
Skip this part if you already have your data sources mapped. If you do not have any data sources, you will need to add them. This section will walk you through identifying the variables (data sources) you want AdRoll to track. This may require technical help from a developer.
1. Click "Add Data Source".
2. The two required fields you need to complete in the window are source and type. "Source" is your variable name. "Type" identifies what type of variable "Source" references.
To determine if you use UDO variables, search your source for "utag". If you use UDO variables, you should see something like this:
To pass back revenue (using the example above):
- Source = order_total
- Type = UDO Variable
Any of the other variables listed (e.g. site_currency) can also be added to Tealium as a data source.
- Source = [your revenue variable name]
Mapping data sources to destinations
Once you have your data sources created, you can select them from the dropdown menu. Pick your data source and then click "Select Destination" to map it to AdRoll.
1. Pick your revenue variable (e.g. order_total) and then "Select Destination".
2. Pick "Conversion Value in Dollars" from the standard destinations listed.
Other custom data
1. Pick your custom variable (e.g. site_currency) and then "Select Destination".
2. Pick "Custom Data" from the standard destinations listed.
3. Click into the text field that reads "adroll_custom_data."
4. After the period, add the name you want to give your data source in AdRoll reports. For example, "adroll_custom_data.page_type", where "page_type" will be how you identify the data source in AdRoll reports.