When you hover over an audience segment in "Audience", the option to add a "New Duration" appears. Clicking "New Duration" creates a duplicate of that audience segment, but with a different cookie duration.
Use the steps below to create new durations
1. Log in to your dashboard at adroll.com and click “Audience.”
2. Hover over the audience segment you would like to adjust and click “New Duration.”
3. In the “New Duration’ view, you will have the option to edit how long users will be targeted.
4. Make sure to click “Save” after editing your segment
Use this tool to:
- Plan your campaign around your sales cycle
- Alter the cookie duration of your All Visitors audience segment
New Durations and Campaign Strategy
“New Duration” is a particularly useful tool when it is important that you catch your visitor at the right time, because:
- You know that your visitor is more likely to convert within a set timeframe
- You want to delay offering additional incentive to convert
- Your campaign strategy requires you to control the timing of when your target audience sees your ad
- Example: Kevin owns a computer distributor. He knows that it is likely that his customers will buy accessories for the computer 30-90 days after purchasing it. However, those that exceed the 90 day duration are probably not going to make another purchase. Kevin should set up a retargeting campaign to target those that purchased a new computer in the last 30-90 days.