Through our Constant Contact integration tool, you can sync your Constant Contact email lists directly from Constant Contact to the AdRoll dashboard. Matched through our CRM data onboarding process, this tool helps you easily convert your lists into a targetable audience segment.
Please note: you must have at least 100 unique user emails in each of your lists for the CRM segment to successfully populate for web.
Activating the Constant Contact Integration
1. Go to "Integrations".
2. Click "Authenticate with Constant Contact".
3. Enter your Constant Contact username and password.
4. A prompt will appear saying that "Integration Localhost would like to access and/or update your Constant Contact account". Click "Allow."
5. Click “Select Lists” to specify which (or all) lists you want to import as a CRM segment.
To learn how to create and manage your lists within Constant Contact, click here. Below we outline some tips and considerations to take when preparing your lists for CRM data onboarding.
- Your lists should contain at minimum 100 emails for best performance.
- Use personal emails when possible, as they match at a higher rate.
- Make sure your email database is up to date—adding an email validation step during signup workflows can be very helpful to make sure that users are supplying active emails.
- Consider combining CRM segments with other types of segments (link to other segment articles) to boost performance. Remember, the larger the audience your campaign has, the more optimization we can perform!
Your Constant Contact CRM segment may not appear on your dashboard immediately. We will begin the matching process for new lists within 6 hours. Any new emails added after the process has begun may take up to 2 weeks to be matched. Contact segments will be automatically named and start with constant-contact.
After your email list appears the cookie matching begins. Give your Constant Contact segment(s) up to 7 days to cookie match for both web and Facebook before adding it to any campaign(s).
Please read on for more detail on what to expect with your Constant Contact segment(s).
- Once integrated, we will pull new emails from Constant Contact every 6 days, keeping your Constant Contact CRM segment up to date as you work with your lists. Once pulled, the matching process takes up to 7 days.
- For US advertisers, CRM can be launched on both web and Facebook. Where possible, we recommend using US-based email addresses and they match at a higher rate than non-US emails.
- Outside of the US, CRM segments have limited functionality on web campaigns. We are working on building this functionality, but we recommend that non-US advertisers adopt CRM retargeting on Facebook instead.
- CRM segments cannot be edited after they are created.
- Cookie matching on Facebook will take less than a day.
- Cookie matching on the web takes up to 7 days, depending on the size of your email list. Make sure you take this into consideration when planning your CRM campaign.
When your segment appears in your Audience tab, we'll display the number of emails originally uploaded through the Constant Contact integration.
To see how many emails were successfully matched for web or Facebook, click on the name of your Constant Contact segment in the Audience tab.
- Total Web Visitors: Total active cookies matched for web.
- New Web Visitors: Cookies matched within the date range specified.
- Total Facebook Visitors: Total active cookies matched for Facebook.