A product feed is a file containing information about all of the products on your website. Dynamic Creative ads leverage content from your product feed.
We recommend these 3rd party feeds:
- Google Base
- Bing Shopping
Feed Structure Guidelines
Your feed should be product-level and contains one entry per product rather than one entry for every product variation (size, color, etc.). Content appears in the ad exactly as it appears in the feed.
- Product IDs
- Image URLs
- Landing page URLs
Additional fields that are not needed increase processing time.
- Prices (often included)
- Product Categories
- Additional Fields (contact your Account Executive)
Accepted File Types:
- TXT* (tab or pipe delimited)
*Tab delimited files are the preferred format
TXT Example – Tab Delimited
CSV (Comma Separated Value)
Hosting Product Feeds for Dynamic Creative
Product feeds must be hosted on either our servers or external servers that we can easily access through a URL.
A hosted feed is a file on a server that can be accessed with just a URL.
Maintaining Product Feeds
If you update your product inventory, you'll need to update your feed files as well. Dynamic Creative can only show content from the feed provided.
Host a Feed on Our Servers
If you’d like us to host your product feed for you, let your Account Executive know. We’ll set up a secure FTP site for you to place your feed and provide credentials for you to access it.
Host Your Own Feed
If you’d prefer to host your own feed, please make sure it is accessible to our web servers. Access can be provided in one of two ways:
- HTTP address (http://www.companyname.com/feed.txt)
- External FTP site (ftp://ftp.companyname.com/feed.txt)
Please provide any credentials needed to access your product feed including username, password and port, as needed. You may need to whitelist our IP address so we can access the feed.
Important Things To Note
- Changing the Feed Structure or File Type: Changing the feed structure, rearranging fields or changing the format of individual fields after we’ve configured for dynamic creative can result in poor ad performance or even complete failure to serve. If the feed structure changes, please let us know immediately to avoid any fluctuations in performance.
- One Feed: The entire product feed must be contained within a single file.
- Field Formatting: Dynamic fields in creative will be displayed exactly as they are set in the feed, please format the fields accordingly.