A product feed is a file containing information about all of the products on your website. Dynamic ads leverage content from your product feed.
We recommend these 3rd party providers:
- Bing Shopping
- Google Merchant Center
Feed structure guidelines
Your feed should be product-level and contains one entry per product rather than one entry for every product variation (size, color, etc.). Content appears in the ad exactly as it appears in the feed.
- Product IDs
- Image URLs
- Landing page URLs
- Prices (often included)
- Product Categories
- Additional Fields (contact your Account Manager or our Customer Support team)
Accepted file types:
- TXT* (tab or pipe delimited)
*Tab delimited files are the preferred format
TXT example – tab delimited
CSV example - comma separated value
Hosting product feeds for dynamic ads
Product feeds must be hosted on either our servers or external servers that we can easily access through a URL.
Maintaining product feeds
If you update your product inventory, you'll need to update your feed files as well. Dynamic ads can only show content from the feed provided.
Host a feed on our servers
If you’d like us to host your product feed for you, let your Account Manager or our Customer Support team know.
For SFTP / FTP: We’ll provide you credentials to our FTP server and you’ll upload each time the Product Feed changes.
For HTTP: We’ll provide you with a URL and you’ll upload your feed by making POST requests with the Basic Authentication using the credentials we provide.
Host your own feed
If you’d prefer to host your own feed, please make sure it is accessible to our web servers. Access can be provided in one of two ways:
- HTTP address (http://www.companyname.com/feed.txt)
- External FTP site (ftp://ftp.companyname.com/feed.txt)
Please provide any credentials needed to access your product feed including username, password and port, as needed. You may need to whitelist our IP address so we can access the feed.
For HTTP: We’ll periodically crawl the URLs you provide. You can also provide HTTP Basic Authentication credentials if you don’t want the URLs publicly accessible.
For SFTP / FTP: We’ll periodically download the files from your FTP server using the credentials you provide
Important things to note
- Unique product IDs: In order for us to match the products a customer has viewed to product information in the feed, all feeds must have a unique identifier for each product in the feed. This unique identifier must exist on each product page explicitly set with the AdRoll Pixel.
- Changing the feed structure or file type: Changing the feed structure, rearranging fields or changing the format of individual fields after we’ve configured for dynamic ads can result in poor ad performance or even complete failure to serve. If the feed structure changes, please let us know immediately to avoid any fluctuations in performance.
- One feed: The entire product feed must be contained within a single file.
- Field formatting: Dynamic fields in creative will be displayed exactly as they are set in the feed, please format the fields accordingly.