How do I track conversions if I use Squarespace?
Your AdRoll Pixel must be activated on your Squarespace store. Without it we won't be able to capture any website activity, including conversions. You can track conversions in Squarespace by creating a fixed conversion segment.
Tracking conversions in Squarespace with a fixed segment
1. Log in to your AdRoll dashboard and click "Track Conversions" in the right sidebar.
2. Name your segment Conversions or any name of your choosing.
3. Click "copy ID to clipboard" to copy the ID associated with your new segment.
4. Paste your segment ID into the segment URL field and add a + sign in front of it.
6. Edit the segment pixel script below, replacing segment_ID with the segment ID as copied from your conversion segment.
The next few steps happens in your Squarespace dashboard.
7. Copy the updated segment pixel and log in to your Squarespace account.
8. Go to the "Advanced" section within "Settings" using the left navigation sidebar.
9. Find "Code Injection" within advanced settings.
10. Under Order Confirmation paste your prepared conversion segment pixel.
11. "Save" (top left corner) or see the instructions below to for enhanced conversion tracking.
How do I pass back additional information with each conversion?
The following prepared script can be used to implement enhanced conversion tracking in Squarespace. To pass back currencies other than USD, replace USD in the adroll_currency variable with the three digit code associated with your currency.
Add the prepared script above your conversion segment pixel (see previous section) by going to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection in your Squarespace dashboard.
Learn how to further customize the conversion information tracked, here.