HTML5 offers a set of rich animation and interactive content features that work universally across any platform or device type.
HTML5 ads render just like web pages, in contrast to Flash (.SWF), which requires you to have a Flash player (plugin) installed.
Create HTML5 ads
To build HTML5 ads, work with a developer. If that's not an option, IAB lists a few helpful tools, but even these require some technical know-how.
After you create HTML5 ads following these guidelines, reach out to your Account Manager or the Customer Support team to help upload your ads.
Zip file requirements
- All asset links must correctly reference the file locations.
- Maximum 150 KB zip file, contains no more than 10 files.
- All assets must be loaded from a secure connection (https).
- Zip file must contain all files referenced from the HTML doc.
- No cross-domain scripting: code references to external domains are not allowed.
- No local storage or session storage libraries allowed.
- Must be a single, well-structured, and complete HTML document at the root folder
- HTML tag <!DOCTYPE html>, <html> and <body> tags
- Declare the clickTag variable
- <meta> tags must be used to identify the size of the ad
- Example: <meta name=“ad.size” content= “width=300, height=250”>
- Can load into an iframe
|Supported File Types||
|Supported Ad Sizes||
|Supported Shared Libraries & External Files||
|Supported HTML5 Authoring Tools|
|Supported HTML5 Conversion tools|