AdRoll Brand Awareness campaigns helps you identify the right audience, launch cross-channel campaigns to Google, Facebook, Instagram and more, and measure your results from a full-funnel perspective. This includes helping you identify high-intent audiences that you may not know already know about on Facebook and Instagram.
When launching a Facebook lookalike campaign, you are reaching new people who are likely to be interested in your business because they have similar attributes to your best performing existing customers.
Set Up Your Campaign
Note: Make sure you've opted in.
- Go to the Ad Campaigns tab in the left navigation menu.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Select Drive Brand Awareness on Social from the drop-down menu.
- Under Campaign Type, select either Lookalike or Demographic & Interest.
- Set your campaign name, budget, and dates.
- For a Demographic & Interest campaign, you must select at least one source audience.
Create a New Audience
- Select your source audience.
- You may select either a site audience or a CRM audience as the source for audience creation. We recommend using your conversion audience.
- The minimum source audience size is 100 users.
- Select your audience country. Facebook requires each audience to be assigned to a specific country.
- You can geotarget from the Locations section of your campaign set up.
- Example: If you want to geotarget NY, you must create a US lookalike segment and then geotarget to NY. If you want to target more than one country, you must create a lookalike audience per country.
- Select Audience Size.
- Optimize for similarity: This will give you the smallest audience, but it will be most similar to your source audience (1% deviance from source audience).
- Optimize for reach: This will give you a large audience that may not be as similar to your source audience (5% deviance from source audience).
- Optimize for similarity vs. reach (recommended): This will allow you to customize how you want to create the audience on a scale from 1 to 20. The closer you get to 1, the smaller/more similar the audience will be, and the larger, more broad audience is closer to 20.
- Add budget and bid strategies.
- You're now ready to launch!